REYAZ AHMAD S/O JAMIL AHMAD
FMT311 GREEN BUILDING ASSESSMENT STANDARDS
TUTOR-MARKED ASSIGNMENT 01
(a) Building’s current scoring (BCA GM for Existing NRB Version 3.0):
(b) Reasons of why the building was not awarded with Green Mark Platinum in 2015:
In 2015, Under NRB 1-1, for the Building’s Envelope Thermal Performance, the EETV – Value of Envelope Thermal Transfer is 43.80 W/m2. In order for the building to achieve being awarded the Green Mark Platinum under the New NRB Version 4.1, the prerequisite requirements must be ETTV of 40 W/m2 or lower.
In 2015, the points scored for Sustainable Construction in NRB 3-1 was 3 points & NRB 3-2 for Sustainable Product was 3 points as well. For Green Mark Platinum standard under the New NRB Version 4.1, the minimum score for Sustainable Construction in NRB 3-1 must be equal or more than 5 points & the Sustainable Products in NRB 3-2 must be equal or more than 4 points.
(c) Pre-requisite requirements/Green Mark Platinum for existing NRB Version 3.0 (Cooling load more/equal to 500RT – Water cooled chilled water system):
1. In Part 1 – Energy Efficiency, the minimum points for Green Mark Platinum are 45 points.
2. Minimum system efficiency for Platinum Green Mark Rating, with cooling load equal/more than 500 RT for water-cooled chilled-water plant is 0.65 KW/RT.
3. Installation of permanent instrumentation for monitoring the water-cooled chiller-water system and measuring the operating system efficiency. The instruments must be able to calculate efficiency according to ASHRAE Guide 22 & AHRI 550/590, within 5% gauge from the true value of the operating system efficiency. Heat balance test of the instrumentation is required for the water-cooled chilled-water system, and it should be submitted with the operating system efficiency to BCA upon commissioning.
4. At least 75% of natural ventilation areas, which is applicable to occupied areas only, and has ventilation through the opening of the north & south windows.
5. Audit for IAQ – Indoor Air Quality to be conducted, 3 yearly, which complies with NEA Guidelines or SS554:2009 IAQ Code of Practice.
6. The dedicated chilled water pump, condenser water pump and cooling tower shall be provided with digital power meters.
7. The loop at chilled and condenser water shall be provided with flow meters (full bore magnetic/ultrasonic type).
8. The loop at chilled and condenser water shall be provided with sensors for temperature, and have 2 spare thermo-wells at both ends of it.
9. Using of variable speed controls items/equipments for chiller plants, such as cooling tower fans, so as to improve part-load and plant efficiency.
10. Using of auto devices/sensors to regulate/control the air flow rate from outdoor and to control the acceptable range of carbon dioxide to equal/less than 700 ppm above outdoor.
BCA. (2018). Greenmark Score Calculator. Retrieved Oct, 2018, https://www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMarkEBCalculator/https://www.bca.gov.sg/GreenMarkScoreCalculator/Building and Construction Authority – Green Mark for Existing Non-Residential Buildings (Version 3.0)
Building and Construction Authority – Green Mark for New Non-Residential Buildings (Version 4.1)
FMT311 Green Building Assessment Standards Study Guide by SUSS, 2016, Release V1.3