People with disabilities possess highly significant capabilities and potentials. These capabilities need to be revealed by the assistance of experienced trainers who are responsible of providing them the opportunity to participate in training programs and teaching them how to be active, efficient, and self-reliant individuals in their communities. Employers must change the old discriminate attitudes toward disabled people and realize that hiring these persons in the workforce has many advantages. There have been considerable changes in the society in the treatment of persons with disabilities over the past thirty to fifty years. Before the 20th century most social attitudes believed that disabled people were abnormal, unhealthy, and special patients who are unable to participate in the society and rely in charitable organizations and welfare. They were treated as subjects of worry and pity. Nowadays, because of the advanced special technical programs and medical healthcare, most of these individuals depend on private practitioners and program trainers to get rid of their physical and psychological obstacles.
Most disabled people didn’t have the opportunity to finish their studies. Many of them can hardly write and read. To success, special and new programs are developed worldwide by public and non-public organizations for people suffering from special disabilities by developing new technical programs and improving the trainee’s technical potentials. The main purpose is to offer them a chance for enhancing their lives, and to have the opportunity to become economically self reliant. They participate in these courses believing that the program will offer them the necessary tools to improve their capabilities. The trainers sustain big responsibilities. They have to be patient and to convince the trainee’s that they can do any job if they want to. The trainers must prepare them for basic learning and for sudden events that they may face during and after training by following four basic learning steps:
• First, by improving trainee’s daily skills. The trainers have to advise them to be responsible and self reliant by insuring food security and practicing healthy eating habits. Also, the trainees have to accept and love themselves as they are. They must be positive and have to convince themselves that they can reach their goals, participate and be active members of their families and communities.
• Second, by learning technical abilities, the trainers must focus on the skills required to perform all tasks successfully. ………………………..
• Third, by achieving a network environment. This strategy will provide the trainees with opportunities that will aid them to collaborate with various organizations. It will also influence their acceptance in the society as full members.
• Finally, by encouraging team work .This process will let the trainee’s benefit from each other and make them feel fully satisfied and confident throughout the training program.
There are many advantages of hiring individuals with disabilities in the workforce. To begin with, these people posses’ high capabilities as anyone has. Unfortunately, employers don’t often hire disabled persons believing that they don’t have the ability of doing the job accurately or they are not aware of techniques and devices at work. On the contrary, people with disabilities have unique potentials. They can teach there co workers solving problems and accomplishing different tasks. They are used to face challenges and to find flexible solutions which will generate benefits to the whole enterprise including non-disabled employees. Moreover, they can reveal great engagement and motivation by working to their full potential when they find themselves in an accessible workplace that provides them with advantageous and suitable conditions. In fact, they are fully aware of how finding a job can be. They are reliable employees that have a higher job retention rate of 1.7 years which verses 0.9 years retention rate for employees without disabilities. Many studies have proved that individuals with handicaps have less non attendance days and they will probably stay on the job longer than non disabled workers which will generate fewer costs. Moreover, workers with disabilities have proved in different types of jobs that they are more aware of safety in the work place and hide an obviously higher safety performance than their non disabled colleagues. Furthermore, organizations that have individuals with disabilities can benefit from tax credits and other financial incentives for encouraging and help them to hire and accommodate disabled workers. These subsidies may include obtaining adaptive equipment or covering expenses for making the work place accessible for them. Besides hiring disabled people have a positive effect on the enterprise reputation. This will trigger the employers to be more socially responsible to win a better image in the public space by showing commitment to antidiscrimination and equality.
Training programs must be enhanced for teaching disabled people new skills that will encourage them to participate in these programs. However, many training centers will not accept these people because they believe that disabled people will slow down the learning process. Trainers must be patient, recognize, and keep in mind that they have the responsibility towards the disabled trainees since they will play a basic role in their future. They must take into consideration that the trainees have different education levels and must encourage team work to achieve a common target and prepare them to be future active members and entrepreneurs. They have to give them the chance to enroll in these special programs. Several steps have to be followed in the procedure of selecting the trainees:
• Firstly, advertisements must be available in order to make training programs more attractive to candidates using social media.
• Secondly, it is necessary to have a diversity in the locations of training programs. In fact, the trainees will have the opportunity to become trainers if they are selected from different areas in their communities.
• Thirdly, the trainers must test the candidate’s commitment to attend the training program and the candidate’s motivation to learn about new skills.
• Finally, the number of the trainees in each group of the training program depends on the number of trainers. Studies shows that the ratio of five trainees to one trainer was a successful strategy to facilitate the role of trainers in understanding the trainees psychological and physical needs.
To conclude, business employers should recognize the advantages of hiring disabled individuals and the trainers should remember that training programs are not only for economical benefits but also for social targets by building perseverance, self motivation, and self confidence in the trainees and by ensuring that they believe that they can be active and self reliant individuals in the society. Trainers will be able to advise, direct, and assist. While, the trainees will be allowed to participate in training programs and develop their own way in accomplishing their duties and tasks.
Copyright 2019 - Education WordPress Theme.