Have you ever tried translating a foreign language word to word from google? Have you confirmed with someone who knew the language if the translations are accurate. If you did then that person must have had a fit of laughter. Google translations most of the time go wrong and we become a laughing stock in front of th people who actually know the language.
Here are few reason as to why you should never use google translate:
1. Syntax Issue: The syntax of each language varies from the other. Syntax is what makes a language unique. Google translate is a machine that uses data which is feeded into it. So when it translates it will do a word to word translation resulting in a jumbled up sentence. Thus ending up creating a lot of google translation mistakes. For instance a hotel menu showed an ‘item of stir fried wikepedia’. The main chef tried google translation for an item and came up with this. So a lot of mistakes such as this is prone to happen when one uses google translate.
2. Idioms and Phrases: There are alot of memes going around about the google translations of idioms, phrases and lingos. Idioms and addages are part of a country’s lineage and when spoken in the language will sound asolutely perfect. But when google translates it word by word it would be no where close to the original meaning. A person who knows both the language must look into the idiom understand it and manually find a substitute or a similar idiom from the other langugae.
3. Lack of Professionalism: At times you may need a paper which must be in legal terms and the words used must not be layman terms or viceversa. But google translate has only one set of translations for one particular word. You will not be able to get synonyms nd make adjustments as you require. Thus google translate is very non trustable. You will not be able to express the kind of content you need to produce. Hence you will have an output that will has no significant importance.
4. Detailing and Confirmation: You will not be able to add anything extra from your end or confirm if the output data is exaclty as you wanted. Google translate maybe a simple and cost-free option. But definiely is not the right option if you want a professional meaningful article. For detailing your wants and confirming all the said details you will have to choose a professional translator who is well aware of both the languages.
5. Confidentiality: According to the terms and services of google any text input on google automatically belongs to google. So if you have a confidentiality between your client or if you want your document to be confidential google translate should not be used. Violating a confidentiality agreement is a very serious offence. Hence you will have to look for an alternate option to get your translation done. And the alternate option is actually the etter option. That is ‘hiring a translator’.
Therefore, in case of translations it is always good to hire someone who has a thorough knowledge of what they are doing instead of google. Although machine is advanced machine has its own limits.
‘Fix Translation Group’ is your one step solution to all your translation projects. Having their main offices in Coral Gables, Miami and Buenos Aires, Argentina, Fix Translation Group has their translator hub across the globe. Flix Translations Group is a Translation Company providing linguistic services to medium and big companies in vertical specializations in marketing, life sciences, technology, legal and educational content in more than 50 languages in all their combinations.With an experience of 60.000 projects in last 5 years they always maintain a 99% on-time delivery rate. They have translated more than 50 million words for clients such as HP, GE, Amazon, Google, Twitter, Janssen Cilag, Pfizer and eMerge Americas, among others. So next time you want a content to e translated you know whom to turn to.
Copyright 2019 - Education WordPress Theme.